Today, when Google stock reached a new high of 623.22 and company seems like a dominant player of the Internet game, I take liberty to declare that within 5 years Facebook will eclipse Google.
- Social media potentially more profitable than search. Search is either "find-and-leave" pattern or "search-clickonthead-leave" (and only on this exit money are made by the search company) . Social media is where people come to communicate, express them self, play, hang around, date, and (one day) shop together. Longer people stay - more money could be made.
- Facebook already gained and most likely will retain leading role controlling big slice of the social graph. They are brilliant in terms of design, user focus, and execution.
- Facebook engaged developer community in the level I have not seen since Java days.
- Facebook is heading toward the application infrastructure and development platform that will rule the market similar to how Microsoft used to rule for many years with Windows
- My blog that I started as software architecture becomes more-and-more Facebook application development blog :)